Compare Tenjin vs TradPlus user LTV in Tableau
With this use case, you will learn how to compare Tenjin’s session-based LTV estimates with TradPlus’ user-level revenue data (ULRD)-based LTV in a Tableau dashboard.
The underlying data comes from the TradPlus Reporting API for ULRD, merged with Tenjin’s DataVault.
Summary of learnings
Upon completion of this use case, you will have a comprehensive overview of the following:
- What a Tableau dashboard with Tenjin and TradPlus data looks like
- How to analyze Tenjin’s session-based LTV versus TradPlus’ ULRD-based LTV
- How far you can go to analyze your apps with TradPlus’ ULRD data
What can this dashboard be used for?
The Tableau dashboard displays one table and various graphs that are built on top of the TradPlus reporting API for ULRD (user-level revenue data) & data from Tenjin’s DataVault
The revenue data from TradPlus’ URLD is joined with Tenjin’s DataVault to show you user-level data sorted by install date and source.
These datasets can be joined together to analyze how much revenue your users are generating after an install.
TradPlus’ ULRD-based user LTV
User level data can help you understand your ARPU (Average Revenue Per User), also known as User LTV (Lifetime Value), with the most precise data.
The dashboard in this use case can help you understand how much difference there is between TradPlus’ ULRD-based LTV and Tenjin’s session-based LTV estimates.
Tenjin session-based user LTV
Tenjin’s session-based LTV is generally less precise than ULRD data because it simply reallocates the overall revenues to install sources based on the volume of sessions in each cohort.
This is a reliable and proven solution, on which hundreds of developers still rely today.
Understand the value of ULRD data and bid more competitively for your UA campaigns
We have found that our most successful clients have had great success in adopting ULRD-based LTV measurement.
Ultimately, understanding your user’s LTV more precisely can help you bid more competitively for your User Acquisition campaigns. This is possible because you understand that some users are more valuable than others, ultimately improving the volume of your app installs and your company’s growth.
What this dashboard looks like
Analyzing the data
TradPlus’ULRD (User Level Revenue Data) with Tenjin attribution
The goal of this use case is to allow you to analyze granular TradPlus revenue data with Tenjin attribution. The Tableau dashboard will enable you to compare Ad ARPU / user ad LTV on different levels of granularity:
- Ad Network
- Site ID (= source app)
How to use the dashboard
- You can use filters on the right to filter on the app, ad network, platform, dates, and country you are interested in
- You can use “Drill Down Level” parameters 1 and 2 to choose the combination of dimensions the table at the top will display.
- For instance, you can choose to drill down by “Campaign” and “Site ID”, while selecting only App 1 and Ad Network 1 for the country of your choice. This will enable you to compare Ad ARPU across Site IDs.
- You can also click on lines in the table at the top to use it as a filter.
- For instance, if you drill down by site ID, the table will show you all site IDs. If you want to analyze results for a specific site ID, just click on it, and all graphs below will show data only for this specific Site ID.
Play around with the dashboard
You can access the dashboard with anonymized data here:
View the dashboard in Tableau here
Interested in using this dashboard with your own data?
Please reach out to us at email@example.com and speak to our customer success team.
While the current dashboard focuses on Tableau and TradPlus, we can help you integrate with any other BI tool, and for any of the currently supported mediation tools.
Do you have any feedback for us?
We at Growth FullStack are always happy to receive your valuable feedback. Whether it’s about requesting additional support on optimizing your workflows, building a customized dashboard, or anything else, feel free to reach out to us and let us know how we can support you further.
Iterate and Maintain
This dashboard can be edited. Additionally, TradPlus offers more granular Impression Level Revenue Data (ILRD) via a Server to Server (S2S) integration.
Please be aware that TradPlus frequently updates its API and this may break the template.