Mintegral Tutorial: Launch Your First UA Campaign
Learn how to successfully launch your first hyper-casual user acquisition (UA) campaign with Mintegral
With this use case, you will get access to an easy-to-follow step-by-step guide on how you can achieve success in launching your first user acquisition (UA) campaigns with Mintegral.
Why is Mintegral important?
Mintegral was ranked #2 for the highest iOS ad spend in the latest hyper-casual benchmark report published by Tenjin. They help advertisers and mobile publishers worldwide to bridge the gap between East and West by simplifying the challenges of cross-regional mobile marketing. They have a wide traffic network providing multi-dimensional targeting strategies such as demographics, interest and behaviour—enabling advertisers to expand their global reach.
Getting started with your first Mintegral User Acquisition campaign
Mintegral has different solutions for advertisers and mobile publishers worldwide. This includes building innovative creatives with their Playturbo tool.
With this use case, you will get access to a guide to develop a successful a hyper-casual user acquisition (UA) campaign with Mintegral.
The use case will proceed as follows:
Step 2: Setup – This step defines everything that you will need for launching your first campaign with Mintegral
Step 3: Optimization Strategies – This step defines a list of campaign optimization strategies recommended by the Mintegral team themselves
Step 4: FAQ – With this step you get access to answers to some of the questions we have received on the process
Step 5: Feedback – In this step you get the opportunity to give us feedback and ask us any questions you might have
Step 6: Iterate and Maintain – This step includes important information regarding maintenance of this use case, keeping in mind the time at which it was written
What you will need
This use case requires an active Mintegral account.
How to create a Mintegral account?
You can create a Mintegral account by signing up here.
How to setup a Mintegral account?
The Mintegral team recommends following these 7 simple steps to create and activate your campaigns in the Mintegral Advertiser Platform.
What campaign optimization strategies are recommended by Mintegral themselves?
The following is a list of campaign optimization strategies recommended by the Mintegral team at different stages of the process:
1. At the Pre-launch Stage
- Ensure you have implemented at least one of the major creative sizes recommended by Mintegral to get coverage with most ad placements. You can refer to the guide here.
- Start with testing 3-5 sets of creatives for each picture, video, IEC and playable. Don’t run a bulk test initially as it will slow down the system’s learning, and lead to scaling issues. When the campaign stabilizes its scale and quality, you can upload more creatives for optimization.
- Start your campaigns with interactive creatives. It is recommended to add interactive or playable creatives to your campaigns. If you already have playable creatives, please test them here to make sure it is compatible with Mintegral’s platform. If you still don’t have any playable creatives, you can request Mintegral’s creative studio “Mindworks” to contact you to help make your playable creatives.
- Ensure that one package is mapped to only one campaign and all the target countries are placed in one worldwide (WW) offer under which the payouts and budget per country can be adjusted. Additionally, different types of creatives (picture, video, etc) should be placed within one offer.
- Expedite the learning and optimization process with broad targeting. Broad targeting helps campaigns gain more performance data initially, especially for hyper-casual or casual games.
2. At the Early Launch Stage
- Add all creatives within the first 24 hours after launch and start with a higher payout (usually 1.5x – 2x) to get a strong growth momentum. The Mintegral algorithm is set to automatically prioritize new campaigns during this time.
- Avoid frequent campaign pausing and/or payout changes in the first 3 days as this affects the system learning and algorithm modelling. Any offer payout changes should have an interval of more than 3 days.
- There’s no limit or restrictions to the payout increase as this acts as a positive stimulus for the system to scale campaigns. However, it is recommended that advertisers only carry out payout decreases within a 10% limit each time, in order to have a good pacing strategy that adjusts to user-acquisition spending. Significant payout decreases can result in higher volume drops. And successive payout decreases should be done at an interval of 2 to 3 days between reductions.
- Advertisers should do a sub-source payout optimization. Compared to payout decreases across the whole offer or campaign, tiered pricing for sub-sources can help enhance their performance and maintain consistent volumes.
3. At the Ramping-up & Optimizing Stage
- At this stage frequent creative iteration should be avoided and should be done at intervals of 2 to 4 weeks only if needed. It is also recommended that well performing creatives should not be removed.
- Similar to the early launch stage, frequent and significant price reductions should be avoided. Payout decreases should be within a 10% limit each time and should be done at an interval of 2 to 3 days.
- If the overall volume is declining even after 3 months, creating an additional offer with your latest creatives might help.
- Significant inventory will not be allocated to new creatives, which avoids fluctuations in campaign scale and quality. Therefore, the learning phase of new creatives is longer. If you are testing new creatives, enhancing the payouts would help expedite the learning process.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m running into scaling issues with my campaigns, what can I do?
Please check for the following:
- Check if there are too many offers for one package name (campaign). Having too many offers disperses traffic, which is not conducive to long-term promotion.
- Check if you deleted or removed well performing creatives incorrectly while uploading new creatives, or if there are not enough creative sizes.
- Check if all the active creatives are meeting the Mintegral creative requirements.
- Check if interactive creatives are driving enough impressions. You can use the creative report to check this data.
- Check if frequent payout changes or significant payout reductions have been made.
Can I be introduced to someone in the Mintegral team to help start my account?
Yes. You can reach out to either your Growth FullStack Account Manager or contact the Mintegral team here.
Send us your feedback
Your feedback helps us constantly improve and update our current use cases, or in creating new use cases as per demand. If you have any questions regarding this use case, or would like to have a further discussion on the topic, then reach out to us at email@example.com.
Iterate and Maintain
There are more advanced use cases available for scaling your campaigns with Mintegral. Please contact your Growth FullStack Account Manager or your Mintegral Account Manager to learn more.
This use case was published based on the market trends in December 2021. Please be aware that Mintegral frequently updates its technology and guidance, which may affect these guidelines.